After sales service is becoming an important strategic success factor for machine and plant manufacturers. Due to the long service life of machines and plants between 20 and 40 years, there are many service opportunities and thus sales potentials. Currently, the service business is already an important strategic business area, accounting for an average of 30% of total sales. And the trend is rising.
But what challenges do after sales service employees currently face? What solutions are available?
Common challenges in after sales and service
The current situation often looks like this for manufacturers of machines, equipment, and systems:
- Spare parts and service information are stored in different systems that do not communicate with each other and do not exchange data.
- Access to these systems is not possible for every service and after sales employee.
- Identifying the required spare part is tedious and time-consuming, and support from the service hotline is necessary.
- Spare parts cannot be ordered online.
- Incorrect orders are frequent, leading to unnecessary costs and delays.
- This creates dissatisfaction among customers.
- Spare parts and service information must be maintained manually.
- Creating and updating spare parts catalogs is time-consuming.
- Service calls are inefficient.
But there are solutions to these challenges: Spare parts catalogs and service information systems!
How does a spare parts catalog or service information system help with these challenges?
A digital spare parts catalog or service information system helps companies in the machinery and plant engineering industry that run a service business and want to save time in identifying the right information, support their customers on site, increase their spare parts and service sales, as well as save support and service costs and increase productivity.
What is the difference between a spare parts catalog and a service information system?
A spare parts catalog brings together what belongs together: parts lists, 2D and 3D graphics of the components, and supplementary information on the individual parts. For this purpose, data is imported from the various source systems, such as the ERP system, CAD system or other leading systems, linked and published in various media (online, offline, print). Catalog creation is a manual to fully automated process.
If further service-relevant information, such as technical documentation, circuit diagrams, repair instructions, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams, training videos or other files in any file format are integrated into your spare parts catalog, a fully-fledged service information system is created.
Single point of service information
The information is intelligently linked and processed. This gives you a central information tool for customers, dealers, service technicians, maintenance staff and internal departments such as support and after sales service – without these departments needing access to your source systems (such as ERP systems, CAD systems, PLM systems, ECAD systems, etc.).
What is the purpose of a spare parts catalog or service information system?
Spare parts identification and ordering made easy
Thanks to the extensive search options, your service technicians, customers, maintenance staff, and support staff can find the right spare or wear parts quickly and easily. They can order the selected parts directly online using the integrated shopping cart function or via a link to the ERP system. This eliminates the need for support from the service hotline and significantly speeds up processes.
Automated or manual creation and publication of spare parts catalogs
The process of creating spare parts catalogs and service information systems has never been easier. There are just four steps necessary to achieving your goal: provide data, process data, ensure quality, publish the catalog.
What are the advantages of using a spare parts catalog and service information system?
- You save time and resources when creating spare parts catalogs.
- You get a 24/7 sales channel for spare parts and service orders, for dealers and customers.
- You generate stronger customer loyalty through fast and accurate service.
- You reduce your time spent on providing service information.
- You achieve cost savings through lower expenses.
- You increase your revenue in after sales and spare parts because your customers have a tool for
easy and accurate identification of the parts they need.
- You reduce incorrect orders.
- You increase customer satisfaction.
All the information at a glance – more efficiency in after sales and service
With a service information system, your employees, customers, and dealers get a 360° service view of your technical products and access to the information they need at any time.